If you're having trouble viewing this email, you can see it online.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE 6.9.2021
- Stay Tuned! TPP is putting final touches to summer programs!
TPP – NavalX – Tech Bridge – NAWCAD Collaboration
Naval Aviation Systems Consortium (NASC): NASC is an agile, collaborative enterprise composed of leading companies and academic institutions with expertise in technology domains of interest to the Naval Air Warfare Centers (NAWCs) and the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). Consortium Management Group, Inc. (CMG) manages NASC and administers its Other Transaction Agreement with the Navy to facilitate rapid acquisition of cutting-edge technologies and to accelerate delivery of new capabilities to the Warfighter. For more information, please visit (nascsolutions.org)
- College of Southern Maryland - 5 Things to Know
- 1- Commencement and Resilience - CSM recognize 466 students for completing their degree and certificate requirements. This spring’s commencement honors Cornelius Hightower who lost 2 family members due to Covid last fall See Video: CSM Spring Commencement:
- 2- Dr. Rodney Redmond, CSM’s First Provost. See more:
- 3- Commissioner Cares Scholarships - CSM thanks the Boards of County Commissioners in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s counties for their support of the Commissioner Cares scholarships in the Fiscal Year 2022 budget.
- 4- Phase 3 Begins - CSM is excited to officially move into Phase 3 of reduced operations, increasing the in-person availability of on-campus services. Current COVID-19 information:
- 5- Achieving the Dream for CSM Students - For the upcoming academic year CSM will further cultivate a “culture of care” as they begin their third year in Achieving the Dream (ATD), a national network of 220-plus colleges across 43 states, dedicated to improving students’ success. Read more here:
- Tech Jobs Rule - TPP is seeking companies for the Apprentice program to meet the workforce gap of skilled artisans in the STEM and Manufacturing fields. Joint effort between the Strategic Education Office of NAWCAD, TPP, and the Forrest Career and Technology Center (SMCPS).
- U.S. Army Research Lab and two MD. universities launch $68M robotics and AI partnership | by Morgan Eichensehr Baltimore Business Journal |May 26, 2021. “This is a big partnership with an ambitious vision” University of Maryland Professor Derek Paley, lead researcher and director of the Maryland Robotics Center, said in a statement. Read more here:
- The Maryland Defense Cybersecurity Assistance Program (DCAP) – More here:
- The Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) Website
- Back to Business Webinars: Workforce Reopening Resources for Employers - Visit https://mwejobs.maryland.gov or Contact
- MISI is now on Twitch! Tune in to our Twitch channel here, and stay tuned for upcoming events!
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI), September 14 -15. More info:
- USCYBERCOM Industry Day 2021-Date TBA- Submit your questions now :
- 2021 CMMC Forum - June 16, 2021 | 8-10am EST. Potomac Officers Club. Learn More and Register Here
- UPDATE: MDTA- Governor Harry W. Nice / Senator Thomas “Mac” Middleton Bridge Replacement Design Build Project - Open Four Lanes to Traffic Date: Winter 2022 23 - Website/Social Media: Home - New Nice Middleton Bridge Project | MDTA (maryland.gov)
Resources & Opportunities
TPP Member Organizations
- ZENETEX (paid ITIL®) programs. Special rates apply to anyone making a donation (food or monetary) in the Tri-County Area. For more: Zenetex, LLC
- WBB free webinars as part of a monthly series called “Navigating Business in 2021”. Webinars 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific. Upcoming session titles are: June 17– Artificial Intelligence (AI) Now and in the Future The registration is simple (https://www.wbbinc.com/navigating-business-in-2021/)
- Cohesity Test Flight (Federal) - Join Cohesity for any of their upcoming Test Flights focusing on DataProtect + Cloud or SmartFiles. Next Test Flight schedule: June 23 at 1300 ET. More here: https://events.cohesity.com/cohesity-test-flight-federal
Community News & Culture (Entertainment)
- Updated COVID-19 Vaccine information: https://smchd.org/covid-19-vaccine
- Historic Sotterley – https://www.sotterley.org– Check out upcoming events here: https://www.sotterley.org/events/
- St. Clement’s Island Museum- 38370 Point Breeze Road, Colton’s Point, MD 20626 https://fb.me/e/1R0yayKsw
- Potomac Jazz & Seafood Festival – June 9 - 11 – Tickets here:
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland presents the Mulberry Music Festival: The Blues, featuring the Josh Riley Band, the Kelly Bell Band, and headlined by The Nighthawks, on Friday, June 18, beginning at 6 p.m. on the College’s Townhouse Green. The event is free of charge and open to the public.
- St. Mary’s College and The Chesapeake Orchestra Announce Live River Concert Series for 2021 Season - every Friday evening from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (grounds opening at 5 p.m.) from June 25 through July 16. Each of the four concerts will also be live-streamed from the College’s website. Concerts are free of charge and open to the public.
- LSM's 8th Annual Golf Tournament Friday June 11th– Breton Bay Golf and Country Club Registration:
- Center for the Study of Democracy, SMCM, and the St. Mary's County Historical Society presents: Maryland Voices of the Civil War (Historically Speaking). Friday, June 18 at 7 pm at The Inn at Leonardtown, More: