If you're having trouble viewing this email, you can see it online.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE 7.14.2021
TPP Summer Programs
- Registration Open: TPP virtual program: UAS Safety, July 27, 11am. Registration. Moderator: RADM Tim Heely (USN, ret), Senior VP of Strategy, Vanilla Unmanned, and former board member for Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Panelists:
- Robert Bader, UAS and Targets Chief Airworthiness Engineer, NAVAIR Airworthiness & CYBERSAFE Office (ACO)
- CAPT Stewart Harro, Managing Director Air Safety, FedEx Express
- Jay Kinser, Manager, Strategic Programs Branch UAS Integration Office at Federal Aviation Administration
- Registration Open: Navy Working Capital Fund with Gene Townsend, Wednesday, August 11th | 8-9am ET at University System of Maryland, Southern MD building. Registration:
- Register Now and reserve your seat: TPP Annual Dinner 2021 - September 2, 5:30 pm - Annual Dinner is open to MEMBERS ONLY. Guest speaker to be announced. Registration & Sponsorship Opportunities OPEN NOW: https://paxpartnership.org/ttp-event/tpp-annual-dinner-2021/ Thank you to our Platinum Sponsors KBR & NSi!!
TPP – NavalX – Tech Bridge – NAWCAD Collaboration
- 401 Tech Bridge’s Newsletter- Summer activities are heating up! Funding opportunities and events on the horizon. Tech Talks, Webinars, to hear more - Email: email@example.com.
Naval Aviation Systems Consortium (NASC): NASC is an agile, collaborative enterprise composed of leading companies and academic institutions with expertise in technology domains of interest to the Naval Air Warfare Centers (NAWCs) and the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). Consortium Management Group, Inc. (CMG) manages NASC and administers its Other Transaction Agreement with the Navy to facilitate rapid acquisition of cutting-edge technologies and to accelerate delivery of new capabilities to the Warfighter. For more information, please visit (nascsolutions.org)
- Tech Jobs Rule - TPP is seeking companies for the Apprentice program to meet the workforce gap of skilled artisans in the STEM and Manufacturing fields. Joint effort between the Strategic Education Office of NAWCAD, TPP, and the Forrest Career and Technology Center (SMCPS).
- 2021 MEDA Summer Conference, July 28, 2021 - Online / Members Only - transitioned commercial properties/ brownfield redevelopment. Registration: https://www.medamd.com/event/2021-meda-summer-conference/
- The Calvert-St. Mary’s Metropolitan Planning Organization (C-SMMPO) is hosting two virtual public meetings to gather input and feedback from the community on the design alternatives for the Complete Streets Plan. July 20th 6pm -7:30pm Registration:
Resources & Opportunities
- Check out TEDCO’s website.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Southern Region of Maryland: Check out their website to view their Events calendar, On-Line Training sessions and many other resources. Visit:
- Socio-economically Disadvantaged Business Programs, first Thursday of every month. More here:
- State of Maryland eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA) - Vendor Training Videos: Platform:
- Small, Minority and Women Owned Business Account COVID RELIEF Program. More here:
- Maryland Manufacturing Network - A PPE Resource Home - Maryland Manufacturing Network
- Maryland Makes Major Investment in Broadband. Read more: https://legiscan.com/gaits/search?state=MD&keyword=Broadband
- DSI - Defense Strategies Institute - https://dsigroup.org/ for future events.
- MISI continues its support for the DoD critical manufacturing cyber compliance and resilience mission. This partnership Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs) across the US. Virtual Event July 30th, 8am Learn More and Register Here
- The Technical Exchange Meeting (TEM)offer a platform for organizations to present technological advancements and innovations. Join Teams Here
- Tri-County Council - Helping To Build Better Communities for the SOMD Region. For latest job openings, hiring events and Mobile Career Center locations follow the Tri-County Council's Southern Maryland JobSource on Facebook.
- New– Maryland Entrepreneur Hub - A new resource that helps innovators, startup founders, and small business owners connect with the right resources for their business. Read more. https://marylandentrepreneurhub.com/
- DefTech - DoD, Army, and Navy Grant Opportunities, July 15, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00pm EDT -Register through Eventbrite to receive the Zoom Credentials. Follow this link to register: https://dodsbirsttr.eventbrite.com.
TPP Member Organizations
Community News & Culture (Entertainment)
- Updated COVID-19 Vaccine information: https://smchd.org/covid-19-vaccine
- Historic Sotterley – https://www.sotterley.org– Check out upcoming events here: https://www.sotterley.org/events/
- Family Friendly Fridays at Historic Sotterley, July 16, 23, 30.
- Joint Speaker Series with Common Ground- Virtual event on August 4th at 7:00 pm with Dr. Bettye Kearse. “The Other Madisons: The Lost History of a President’s Black Family”
- Bug-a-Palooza - Aug. 9-13 10 am to 12 pm each day. Become a citizen scientist with a study in insect and bugology!
- St. Clement’s Island Museum- 38370 Point Breeze Road, Colton’s Point, MD 20626 – Retrofest Sat, Sept 18th 11am -5pm - https://www.facebook.com/FriendsSCIPPLM
- FINAL CONCERT: St. Mary’s College and The Chesapeake Orchestra Live River Concert Series for 2021 Season – Friday evenings through July 16th, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (grounds opening at 5 p.m.). Concerts will also be live-streamed from the College’s website. Concerts are free of charge and open to the public.