If you're having trouble viewing this email, you can see it online.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE 6.16.2021
- Registration Open -TPP virtual program: Book discussion: July 14, 12pm - AI at War. Speakers/authors: Capt. (ret) George Galdorisi & Capt. (ret) Sam Tangredi. Registration: https://paxpartnership.org/tpp-event/ai-at-war-book-discussion/
- Date in July to be confirmed: TPP virtual program: UAS Safety. Moderator: RADM Tim Heely (USN, ret), Senior VP of Strategy, Vanilla Unmanned, and former board member for Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Panelists:
- Robert Bader, UAS and Targets Chief Airworthiness Engineer, NAVAIR Airworthiness & CYBERSAFE Office (ACO)
- CAPT Stewart Harro, Managing Director Air Safety, FedEx Express
- Jay Kinser, Manager, Strategic Programs Branch UAS Integration Office at Federal Aviation Administration
- Anthony “Pooch” Pucciarrella, President & Founder, MissionGO
TPP – NavalX – Tech Bridge – NAWCAD Collaboration
Naval Aviation Systems Consortium (NASC): NASC is an agile, collaborative enterprise composed of leading companies and academic institutions with expertise in technology domains of interest to the Naval Air Warfare Centers (NAWCs) and the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). Consortium Management Group, Inc. (CMG) manages NASC and administers its Other Transaction Agreement with the Navy to facilitate rapid acquisition of cutting-edge technologies and to accelerate delivery of new capabilities to the Warfighter. For more information, please visit (nascsolutions.org)
- College of Southern Maryland - 5 Things to Know
- 1- Commencement and Resilience - CSM recognize 466 students for completing their degree and certificate requirements. This spring’s commencement honors Cornelius Hightower who lost 2 family members due to Covid last fall See Video: CSM Spring Commencement:
- 2- Dr. Rodney Redmond, CSM’s First Provost. See more:
- 3- Commissioner Cares Scholarships - CSM thanks the Boards of County Commissioners in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s counties for their support of the Commissioner Cares scholarships in the Fiscal Year 2022 budget.
- 4- Phase 3 Begins - CSM is excited to officially move into Phase 3 of reduced operations, increasing the in-person availability of on-campus services. Current COVID-19 information:
- 5- Achieving the Dream for CSM Students - For the upcoming academic year CSM will further cultivate a “culture of care” as they begin their third year in Achieving the Dream (ATD), a national network of 220-plus colleges across 43 states, dedicated to improving students’ success. Read more here:
- Tech Jobs Rule - TPP is seeking companies for the Apprentice program to meet the workforce gap of skilled artisans in the STEM and Manufacturing fields. Joint effort between the Strategic Education Office of NAWCAD, TPP, and the Forrest Career and Technology Center (SMCPS).
Resources & Opportunities
- Check out TEDCO’s website.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Southern Region of Maryland: Check out their website to view their Events calendar, On-Line Training sessions and many other resources. Visit:
- The 2021 Women's Conference "Rewiring the Connection: Redefine, Rebuild, Regenerate" on - June 22, 2021 Maryland SBDC Register:
- Socio-economically Disadvantaged Business Programs, first Thursday of every month. More here:
- General Services Administration Startup Springboard: Information Technology Category. More here:
- State of Maryland eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA) - Vendor Training Videos: Platform:
- Small, Minority and Women Owned Business Account COVID RELIEF Program. More here:
- Maryland Manufacturing Network - A PPE Resource Home - Maryland Manufacturing Network
- Maryland Makes Major Investment in Broadband https://legiscan.com/gaits/search?state=MD&keyword=Broadband
- 316th Wing Small Business Event- Joint Base Andrews. June 29 at 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 m. To Register send your registration request and a copy of your firm’s capability statement to: 316WG.316-CONS.SMALLBUSINESS@us.af.mil and firstname.lastname@example.org. Register soon, as there is a maximum of 100 attendees
- DSI - presents Border Security & Intelligence Summit. Join Our Mailing List | DSI Group | DEFENSE STRATEGIES INSTITUTE
- MISI continues its support for the DoD critical manufacturing cyber compliance and resilience mission. This partnership Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs) across the US. Learn More and Register Here
- The Technical Exchange Meeting (TEM) offer a platform for organizations to present technological advancements and innovations. Join Teams Here
- Tri-County Council - Helping To Build Better Communities for the SOMD Region. For latest job openings, hiring events and Mobile Career Center locations follow the Tri-County Council's Southern Maryland JobSource on Facebook.
TPP Member Organizations
- ZENETEX (paid ITIL®) programs. Special rates apply to anyone making a donation (food or monetary) in the Tri-County Area. For more: Zenetex, LLC
- WBB free webinars as part of a monthly series called “Navigating Business in 2021”. Webinars 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific. Upcoming session titles are: June 17– Artificial Intelligence (AI) Now and in the Future. Registration: (https://www.wbbinc.com/navigating-business-in-2021/)
- Cohesity Test Flight (Federal) - Join Cohesity for any of their upcoming Test Flights focusing on DataProtect + Cloud or SmartFiles. Next Test Flight schedule: June 23 at 1300 ET. More here: https://events.cohesity.com/cohesity-test-flight-federal
Community News & Culture (Entertainment)
- Updated COVID-19 Vaccine information: https://smchd.org/covid-19-vaccine
- Historic Sotterley – https://www.sotterley.org– Check out upcoming events here: https://www.sotterley.org/events/
- St. Clement’s Island Museum- 38370 Point Breeze Road, Colton’s Point, MD 20626 https://fb.me/e/1R0yayKsw
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland presents the Mulberry Music Festival: The Blues, featuring the Josh Riley Band, the Kelly Bell Band, and headlined by The Nighthawks, on Friday, June 18, beginning at 6 p.m. on the College’s Townhouse Green. The event is free of charge and open to the public.
- St. Mary’s College and The Chesapeake Orchestra Announce Live River Concert Series for 2021 Season - every Friday evening from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (grounds opening at 5 p.m.) from June 25 through July 16. Each of the four concerts will also be live-streamed from the College’s website. Concerts are free of charge and open to the public.
- Center for the Study of Democracy, SMCM, and the St. Mary's County Historical Society presents: Maryland Voices of the Civil War (Historically Speaking). Friday, June 18 at 7 pm at The Inn at Leonardtown. More: