If you're having trouble viewing this email, you can see it online.
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE 6.23.2021
- Registration Open: TPP virtual program: Book discussion: July 14, 12pm - AI at War. Speakers/authors: Capt. (ret) George Galdorisi & Capt. (ret) Sam Tangredi. Registration: Registration:
- Registration Open: TPP virtual program: UAS Safety, July 27, 11am. Registration. Moderator: RADM Tim Heely (USN, ret), Senior VP of Strategy, Vanilla Unmanned, and former board member for Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Panelists:
- Robert Bader, UAS and Targets Chief Airworthiness Engineer, NAVAIR Airworthiness & CYBERSAFE Office (ACO)
- CAPT Stewart Harro, Managing Director Air Safety, FedEx Express
- Jay Kinser, Manager, Strategic Programs Branch UAS Integration Office at Federal Aviation Administration
- Registration Open: Navy Working Capital Fund with Gene Townsend, Wednesday, August 11th | 8-9am ET at University System of Maryland, Southern MD building. Registration:
TPP – NavalX – Tech Bridge – NAWCAD Collaboration
Naval Aviation Systems Consortium (NASC): NASC is an agile, collaborative enterprise composed of leading companies and academic institutions with expertise in technology domains of interest to the Naval Air Warfare Centers (NAWCs) and the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). Consortium Management Group, Inc. (CMG) manages NASC and administers its Other Transaction Agreement with the Navy to facilitate rapid acquisition of cutting-edge technologies and to accelerate delivery of new capabilities to the Warfighter. For more information, please visit (nascsolutions.org)
- Tech Jobs Rule - TPP is seeking companies for the Apprentice program to meet the workforce gap of skilled artisans in the STEM and Manufacturing fields. Joint effort between the Strategic Education Office of NAWCAD, TPP, and the Forrest Career and Technology Center (SMCPS).
Resources & Opportunities
- Check out TEDCO’s website.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Southern Region of Maryland: Check out their website to view their Events calendar, On-Line Training sessions and many other resources. Visit:
- Socio-economically Disadvantaged Business Programs, first Thursday of every month. More here:
- State of Maryland eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA) - Vendor Training Videos: Platform:
- Small, Minority and Women Owned Business Account COVID RELIEF Program. More here:
- Maryland Manufacturing Network - A PPE Resource Home - Maryland Manufacturing Network
- Maryland Makes Major Investment in Broadband https://legiscan.com/gaits/search?state=MD&keyword=Broadband
- 316th Wing Small Business Event- Joint Base Andrews. June 29 at 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 m. To Register send your registration request and a copy of your firm’s capability statement to: 316WG.316-CONS.SMALLBUSINESS@us.af.mil and firstname.lastname@example.org. Register soon, as there is a maximum of 100 attendees
- DSI - Defense Strategies Institute - https://dsigroup.org/ for future events.
- MISI continues its support for the DoD critical manufacturing cyber compliance and resilience mission. This partnership Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs) across the US. Learn More and Register Here
- The Technical Exchange Meeting (TEM) offer a platform for organizations to present technological advancements and innovations. Join Teams Here
- Tri-County Council - Helping To Build Better Communities for the SOMD Region. For latest job openings, hiring events and Mobile Career Center locations follow the Tri-County Council's Southern Maryland JobSource on Facebook.
St. Mary’s Economic Development – Let’s Talk Money – July 14th, 2021, 9am -11am .Learn more and register: Let's Talk Money: St. Mary's County Financing Forum Tickets, Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 9:00 AM | Eventbrite
TPP Member Organizations
Community News & Culture (Entertainment)
- Updated COVID-19 Vaccine information: https://smchd.org/covid-19-vaccine
- Historic Sotterley – https://www.sotterley.org– Check out upcoming events here: https://www.sotterley.org/events/
- St. Clement’s Island Museum- 38370 Point Breeze Road, Colton’s Point, MD 20626 https://fb.me/e/1R0yayKsw
- St. Mary’s College and The Chesapeake Orchestra Live River Concert Series for 2021 Season – Starts this Friday evening, June 25th, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (grounds opening at 5 p.m.) through July 16. Concerts will also be live-streamed from the College’s website. Concerts are free of charge and open to the public.